Christ Church is one of the coalition of churches that supports Haven Ministries which provides shelter, food, and resources to needy and at risk residents of Queen Anne’s County. Haven Ministries operates:
- Emergency Overnight Shelter from October through April
- Street Outreach Services year round;
- A Food Pantry is NOW open for Daily Food Distribution at Haven Ministries Headquarters in Queenstown, MD. Please call 410-827-7194 for an appointment before visiting. Additional Pop-up Food Pantries will be held monthly in Sudlersville, MD. Food Pantry Info
- A Resource Center located at Haven Ministries Headquarters in Queenstown, MD that provides resume writing classes, Bible study, computer access and training, and other classes. Preliminary Intake & Paperwork is being done by Phone. Please Call 410-827-7194. The Resource Center located at the Fisher Manor Housing Development will remain open on the second Saturday of each month 9am-12 noon
- Our Daily Thread, a thrift store on Thompson Creek Road that takes donations of clothing, shoes, toys and small household goods and then sells them to help offset the cost of its operations or provides them to clients in need.
Please consider being a part of this critical community ministry. Sign-up by contacting Leslie Schneider or the shelter directly. For more information, contact Leslie Schneider firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-310-4085.