Christ Church is one of the coalition of churches that supports Haven Ministries which provides shelter, food, and resources to needy and at risk residents of Queen Anne’s County. Haven Ministries operates:
- an emergency overnight shelter at Kent Island United Methodist Church from October through April
- street out-reach services year round;
- a food pantry at Safe Harbor Presbyterian Church on the third Friday of each month;
- a resource center week days at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church in Centreville that provides resume writing classes, Bible study, computer access and training, and other classes.
- Our Daily Thread, a thrift store on Thompson Creek Road that takes donations of clothing, shoes, toys and small household goods and then sells them to help offset the cost of its operations or provides them to clients in need.
Christ Church has accepted responsibility for the following sessions of the emergency overnight shelter:
- January 22 thru 25: Dinners and intake
- March 13 thru 17: Breakfast items and intake
Please consider being a part of this critical community ministry. Sign-up sheets for the shelter sessions are in the narthex of the church. For more information, contact John Gilbert at email@example.com or 410-490-2377.