As part of our outreach to the community and a desire to further the study of sacred choral music, Christ Church offers a Choral Intern program to Juniors or Seniors in high school each school year.
The Choral Intern sings with the Parish Choir and is given opportunities to present solos, conduct the choir, and play the piano and organ, as appropriate. The Intern receives coaching from the Minister of Music and a small stipend at the completion of the program.
- The intern will gain additional experience in choral singing and experience the rich world of sacred choral music.
- The intern will gain experience in sight-singing and section leadership.
- The intern will receive coaching from the Minister of Music.
- The intern will have opportunities to conduct and present solos.
- The intern will make connections within the local professional music community and enhance their résumé.
Applications are accepted each spring for the following fall. The position has been filled for the 22-23 season. Information about applications for the 23-24 season will be available in spring 2023.
Please contact Gary Van Essen, Minister of Music, at email@example.com for more information or to apply.