Through many dangers, toils and snares, I have already come.
‘Tis grace hath brought me safe thus far, and grace will lead me home.
Dear Friends and Families of Christ Church Parish,
These are certainly interesting times. Never in my ordained life have I faced so many difficult and uncharted paths. You are never far from my prayers. Please reach out to your neighbors and call or email if you have needs, questions or concerns.
We must socially isolate until at least May. One commentator in New Zealand has written that we should not think of this isolation as protecting ourselves. We should treat this isolation as if we ourselves are infected and we don’t want to endanger others.
- Christ Church Parish is closed for all worship and meetings until at least May 12. The only current exceptions are for Recovery Groups.
- Everyone who enters our buildings is asked to Wash their Hands for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Everyone who enters our buildings should then proceed Sign In at the Office. (This will allow us to contact people should an active case emerge).
- I am ready to respond to pastoral needs. Put my cell phone number in your phone or contact list so you can find me. 203-240-8884
- Please Keep Giving! We have expenses that continue through the shutdown. The Mortgage Payment of $7600 is due every month. If you can give more, or accelerate your annual giving, that will help cover those who will have reduced income.
I am posting on the Christ Church Kent Island Face Book page. Please “like” us to get updates. You can also get to these videos through the parish website www.ccpki.org
The Gospel of Matthew tells us: Jesus is Emmanuel, God-with-Us. Nothing can separate us from his love, his presence, and his care. Make space for Jesus where you live. And be kind. Human needs are great in times like these. Find ways to help.